Monday, October 17, 2011

Letters to Avo #2


May 21, 1923

Mrs. Avo Thompson:  My dear friend. Will take the greatest of pleasure in answering your most  kind and welcome letter, received a few days past. Was glad indeed to hear from you, hope you are all well. I am just fine but have had the blues because Roy hasn't been in three weeks until yesterday he came and you bet I was glad to see him for he is the cutest boy I ever saw. Tho he had been here 2 or 3 times through the week on some business with L.P. and they have been going to Murfreesboro to see some girls I reckon but he told me that he wasn't going back anymore as long as he could go with me and I told him that if he did go back I wouldn't go with him any more and I think I have got him scared up. He said that it seemed like 3 years since he had been with me instead of 3 weeks, and it seemed like that long to me too for he had been coming every Sunday, I guess we will go to Murfreesboro Sunday if nothing happens. I heard about Oris being  dead and I sure did hate to hear of it, he is my cousin. I went to Shelbyville last Monday and got me a new dress, it is swiss organdy but I haven't made it yet, want to make it tomorrow and I got me a gingham dress today from the peddler, it is yellow check. Well, I guess I had better close as I have got to write to my darling. ha ha  Answer soon. From love friend Elizabeth


             Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh how fun! I just bought some vintage yellow gingham! ♥

Mecky said...

Wish we could see her dresses!
Hummm, wonder how cute Roy really is!!