Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Search is Over


   I have been searching for several years now for something to put on my desk area in my kitchen!



 Finally I found the perfect thing! An old desk cubbyhole. I bought it with my birthday money. Thanks John.


I have been collecting things for a long time just waiting for the right thing to decorate.



This is my telephone from when I was a child. It is one of the first toys that I remember having. It had small records that you put in the side and you could hear them through the hand piece.

I have added  a receipt holder and some old red Coca Cola pencils, and a few more items since this picture was made. 

One day I plan on sharing those letters, they are quite enjoyable from  the year 1923!

Please ignore the ugly countertops. One day I will get to haul them to the curb!

I am linkng this Post to Its a Very Cherry Worlds Rednesday!

Happy Rednesday Everyone!



10 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Fascinating, creative collection of reds in your world! Love the red braid feature on the noticeboard too!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

A perfect cubby! ♥

Erin said...

What a cute blog you have.

Sarah ~ Magnolia's Attic said...

L♥ve the cubby! And the Scotch tape! I'd forgotten that they were made of metal, once upon a time.
Love your blog - I'm following! Found you on Rednesday!

~~Carol~~ said...

Oh my goodness, I love everything on that cubby! Love the old tape dispenser, love the little clock, and I LOVE your toy telephone the most. Going to check out the rest of your blog, because this is my first visit!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Barbara Jean said...

Oh I love your cubby.
and your accessories and great!

blessings
barbara jean

Mecky said...

That is so cool! I love that tape dispenser! The phone is neat.
I just love this idea! I will be back to make sure I don't miss the letters!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The old letters caught my eye immediately. The only thing we get in our mailbox these days is...junk!

DARLING, SCARLET LADYBUG

Darling, scarlet ladybug,
On the prowl for bugs and such,
If I met you on the rug,
I would not be frightened (much).


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Red Cactus Fruit

Mom Walds Place said...

It is a great feeling when you find the perfect piece. It appears that you found a real winner!

SueLovesCherries said...

What a perfect and unique cubby! So funny, I thought in the first photo that the phone was real! Glad you were able to keep it all this time!