Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goodbye Christmas '11

I had one last (terrible) picture left from Christmas. This old cash drawer kept taunting me every time I went into my Candlelight Antiques. I just could not figure out what to do with it! So finally I decided to buy it anyway which is breaking one of my golden rules! (I usually only buy something if I know exactly where it is going! Unless it is a spectacular find!)

I ended up hanging it on the wall and love it there. It is at the top of the stairs so I can stick words in it that might inspire my children each and every time they walk up to their rooms. (Along with the chalkboard message sitting on the desk underneath)

I never could find the perfect vintage snowman, and sled to add to my words. But I can be on the look out for next year!


Forgive me please, but I am just having trouble finding my joy again. With everything that has happened this Christmas and now on the final stretch of my job of "stay at home mom" for the last 22 years I just seem to be at a crossroad in my life. Hmm....

Oh well, enough for today! Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

Oh Sandie, you're SO creative! I LOVE what you did with that old cash register drawer. I never in a million years would have thought of that!
I hope you have a great 2012, full of health, happiness and prosperity!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Hi, I just found your blog and wanted to take a moment to tell you how much I enjoyed viewing your posts. Your decorations are very pretty and you seem to be very creative. I know nothing about you but I can tell you are a nice person. I hope you will have good health and much happiness in this coming new year.-------- Shannon

Debbie Kay said...

Hi Sandie:

I just want to send a big HUG from my heart. I can relate to how you feel. I have been having a little trouble finding my JOY but God is faithful and I know it is there. Just need to clear the cobwebs a little to bring it out.

Love,

Debbie

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Hi Sandy!
I love that cashier drawer..so unique and I'm sure you can come up with all kinds of way to decorate it.

Wow...you are at a major crossroad in your life, aren't you? Sometimes what you have to do and what you want to do are so totally different, aren't they? But as long as you are at peace that this is what God wants you to do, then it will all work out. Just continue looking to Him for guidance :)
Blessings,
Velma

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Hope you feel some joy reeeeal soon! But if not- that's okay. sometimes, we just have to be. ♥

My Vintage Mending said...

I have a tendency to wade in that water that pulls me down. Where I can't feel which direction to go in. For some reason this time of year seems worse for me because of all the chaos. I do best with a normal schedule. Not that any of that is helpful in any way it just struck me...your words. Your drawer is darling as all your pieces are. Our pastor had a sermon recently that hit me. He titled it "Listen" be still and hear his voice. Something I need to do more of...smiles...Renee

Lynn said...

Hi Sandie,
I am so sad that you are down right now! I hope that you find your joy again! Keeping you in my prayers!
Hugs,
Lynn