Monday, December 26, 2011

Prayers

If you lifted up a prayer to our Father for the Silcox family. Thank you.  Chad has been carried to Heaven this morning. Will you please join me in continuing to pray for his friends and his family.                                                                

 
The Anchor Holds

Words and music by Lawrence Chewning and Ray Boltz

I have journeyed
Through the long, dark night
Out on the open sea
By faith alone
Sight unknown
And yet His eyes were watching me

The anchor holds
Though the ship is battered
The anchor holds
Though the sails are torn
I have fallen on my knees
As I faced the raging seas
The anchor holds
In spite of the storm

Ive had visions
Ive had dreams
Ive even held them in my hand
But I never knew
They would slip right through
Like they were only grains of sand


I have been young
But I am older now
And there has been beauty
That these eyes have seen
But it was in the night
Through the storms of my life
Oh, thats where God proved
His love to me

CHORUS (repeat)

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh Sandie.....no words, just know that all of you are in our prayers....how horribly tragic.

Mecky said...

I am sorry to hear that he didn't survive. I will pray for his family. What a horrible thing to happen.
My sisters and I were talking about friends of their's that have just passed away this month. We just never know when our life will end. We never know what life will bring us. It is so important to life for Christ, be kind and loving to everyone in your life and live life as if it is your last day here. Never have any regrets.

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

What a terrible tragedy for this family. No words can help ease their pain and all I have to offer is that I am so, so sorry. My prayer is that they sense God's presence and comforting arms during this time...especially at Christmas!

On a side note, I have fallen SO terribly behind on reading your posts but I persevered and have read the last few weeks' posts AND have enjoyed your Christmas decorations...absolutely adorable. :)

Lynn said...

So sorry for your lost! Will keep all the families in my prayers!
Hugs,
Lynn