Friday, January 27, 2012

Amelia's Valentines

Today I went to the Nashville Flea Market.

After shopping there and several other favorites in Franklin, I ventured south to Spring Hill, Tennessee.

I visited this precious little shoppe that many of you know oh so well! Vintage Junky!

There I fell in love with Valentines cards that were sent with "Love" to Amelia!

Her mother had ever so kindly saved each and every one that Miss Amelia had ever received.  Or so it  seemed!

I picked out a few to take home with me as I enjoyed a conversation with the Mister of the store. He was very friendly and gracious. He has an etsy shop with some of his chalkboard creations here...CustomChalk.

I was admiring this little paper sack that was sitting close to the counter. He told me if I would pick out some cards that he would throw in the sack.  :)  Oh Happy Day! Who knew that Valentines once came in a paper sack!

Miss Amelia's mother even dated the bag. How sweet. I wonder where Amelia is now. And did she save the Valentines of her own little girl? There I go again...off in a place I call Sandie Land! lol

If you are ever in Nashville or Franklin on a vacation, it will be worth your while to add  Vintage Junky to your list of  places to visit. I am planning on visiting again soon so I might meet the Mrs. of the shop who works wonders with paint!

Happy Weekend  Friends!

9 comments:

Mecky said...

Those are super cute! I have always thought it was great that people saved old cards and such. So much so that I have said all the cards my kids received while they were little. I hope they enjoy them some day!

I had to chuckle over the "wringing" card. My husband just brought home an old Maytag Wringer washer tonight for me. LOL! I should show him your card!

Have a great weekend.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Hee-hee! I like Sandie Land!

Those cards are super cute! I love the little indian one best. As always, you also have them displayed sweetly, too! ♥

Alabama Amy said...

I love them! What else did you buy? Surely something at the flea market. Another place on my bucket list - Spring Hill!

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Those are so cute! Makes me wish I had saved all my Valentine cards. :(
My favorite one is the wringer one...I had to laugh on that one.
How very generous of the store owner to give you the little sack.
Mercy! Makes me wish I lived in your area.

My Vintage Mending said...

Is that a sweet milking stool these are perched on? So sweet. Love to find those new little places. Even better if they are kept by sweet people. Thanks for sharing...smiles...Renee

CJ Hughes said...

You are too sweet! I was checking my etsy shop stats and saw that you had sent some folks my way. It was great speaking with you at the shop over the weekend. Please come back and see us soon!
CJ
VintageJunky.com

Vintage Junky said...

So glad you liked them! My husband sent me by to check out your post :) Hope you don't mind, but I shared it on Facebook

Have a lovely day!
Michelle

Paula said...

So sweet and cute..love it

labbie1 said...

Just catching up...

Too cute! And I like the way that you put them in brushes as holder! Nice idea! You are so clever!