Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Hardships of Motherhood!

Daughter #2 had forgotten a few things when she left Sunday to go back to college. So of course, being the great mother that I am, I took them to her today. It was such a hardship, but since the town is loaded with my kind of shopping, I trudged on over there! ;)  I was lucky today and found a few things that are just my style! 










These are the ones that I am keeping (maybe a few more!) but the majority of them will be for sale in my new venture!

My parents and I now have a booth in a new antique store that has opened in our area! We still are working out all the kinks and adjusting it and readjusting it. When we get it where we are happy I will take a few pics to show!

I was there today and a lady recognized me from my blog! What fun! She is a photographer and has two blogs. One is her beautiful photography and she just started a new vintage blog. Her photography work is amazing. If you have a chance hop, skip, and jump on over there for a visit @ Amy's Photo Blog and  also With a Vintage Twist! I think you will be glad that you did!

Happy Friday Everyone!

9 comments:

Alabama Amy said...

Wow, where did you find all these things! I love the red. We saw some of the Schilling spices today at Candlelight. It was fun to meet you today. And, yes, it's fine to mention me here. I don't know why you can't comment. I'll have to figure that out. Thanks!

Sandie said...

Amy, it says that I must first be a member to comment. And I am going to add the link! And your vintage pics are beautiful!

Sandy said...

Sandie,
OK...that's it! I am coming to visit this summer!!! LOL I wanted to ask you a few things, can you email me please? sanjos333@yahoo.com I LVOE all of these!!!! Sandy

Lynn said...

Hi Sandie,
Oh my, I just love those old tins and seasonings! The graphics are amazing!! Good luck in your adventure. A quick question?? My hubby came home with a box of brown ceramic telephone insultors and the brown gadgets that goes up inside of them and attatches them to the pole. Do you know if these are of any value? I found some insulators but they are the blue ones or clear ones which I have but I have those displayed in different places with those little tea light battery candles in them. They look cute when the light is on sitting on my shelves. Hugs and thanks for taking the time to answer me in advance!
Hugs,

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Love the Jack and Jill box! And Ben Hurr? How fun is that?

Can't wait to see your booth!

(I'm getting cold feet.)

My Vintage Mending said...

So wishing you were closer. There would be no need to open a shop you could just drop them off and I would just write you the check! Best of luck and thanks for the link...smiles...Renee

Alabama Amy said...

Thanks, Sandie. Those darn radio buttons. I think it's fixed now. And, I updated my post with your information. Good luck with your booth.

Lynda said...

I just found your blog and love it! I tend to find very similar vintage goodies so I enjoy seeing how you display everything. I am your newest Follower. Please come by for a visit: SomethingCreatedEveryday.blogspot.com

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Oh my goodness, where do you get such cute things?? I would love to add some to my decor.

Yeah, it sounds like you were really put out with the double-duty trip. LOL Lucky you ;)

Hugs~