Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Auction Find

I attended an estate auction just down the road from me this past Saturday and finally found something that fit perfectly in one of my squares of my coffee table drawer.

When I first saw this little cagey thing I knew that I would have to bid for it.

I was surprised to get it at such a reasonable cost.


Love the handle!

I knew it was a bird cage but just wasn't so sure what is was for since it was so tiny. After I got it the guy in front of me made sure I knew what is was and he was correct! A miners bird cage. I still need to scrub it clean. 

Here's to a Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

EllenaElizabeth said...

That is probably write a rare find. I have never seen one. Probably the kind of object that was dumped by mines when no longer needed. Do you have any idea of its age?

Sandie said...

I have no clue about its age! But it will be fun to try and find out, won't it? Thanks for reading my blog! Blessings from Alabama!

~~Carol~~ said...

Wow, what a find! I can only imagine that those are really rare. And it looks fantastic with all of your other goodies in that drawer!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Poor little birds when you think of its use. Better they croak than the miners though so it served such an important purpose.

My Vintage Mending said...

That is gooood...I love a good thing-a-ma-jig. It is a conversation piece that is why it is on the coffee table. I know I tell you this all the time but you have just the right touch. Well done...smiles..Renee

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

That is really cool! I have heard of them but have never seen one. I think you did good on this one!! I love it :)

Lois' Laughlines said...

I am new to your blog, but find it soooo adorble. Thanks for sharing all your fun, vintage finds....I love it all.
blessings to you.

Lois' Laughlines said...

I am new to your blog, but find it soooo adorble. Thanks for sharing all your fun, vintage finds....I love it all.
blessings to you.