Sunday, March 4, 2012

Games Rained Out?

College softball games rained out? The ones that you traveled 4 hours to watch? What is a girl to do?

Antique shop all the way home? Great Idea! Dear John wasn't so sure, but he was a good sport and stopped and shopped with me! Even though he did send out an S.O.S. on facebook complete with a picture! He even stopped at an estate sale and loaded up an old wooden door!


We found an excellent town full of antique stores that the sweet ladies at the estate sale told us about! Here we found these old store signs from a V.J. Elmore Five and Dime Store.


We did not have these stores in Kentucky where I was raised. Ours was J.J. Newberrys. Dear John informed me that there was one in Huntsville Alabama where he was reared. It must have closed before we moved to town.


I love the colors on this Nasturtium seed box.


Even the back is cute.


I sure couldn't leave this old box of polish in the store with its cute graphics of men's and ladie's shoes!



Now to find a place to put these. Hmmm....

Hope you all had a fun weekend also. Blessings from Alabama!



7 comments:

Mary said...

What a wonderful trip home...lots of treasures to love and display !!

Perfectly Printed said...

Love the old boxes!!

chris

EllenaElizabeth said...

Looks like a good haul all right. Must have been loads of fun

Amy Burzese said...

What great signs! Poor Dear John. I call my husband The Inhibitor.

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

You always find the neatest things!! I've never seen a 'box' of flower seeds...interesting. Can I come shopping with you? It might take me a few hours to get there though ;)

Debbie Kay said...

Sandie,

I look forward to visiting your blog everyday,especially when you share amazing finds like these!

Oh you have a saint of a husband!

Smiles,

Debbie

My Vintage Mending said...

Thought of you all day as I tip toed through the antique mall. To my surprise there were so many little cans. Nothing near as cute as these. I should say...you go well together with rain. Smiles....Renee