Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Proceed with Caution!

I have spent this beautiful Spring day mowing our yard and organizing my projects in the garage. Thought I would take a picture for you.  I am not sure why, but here goes.

The good...(well. sort of)...

The bad...


And the UGLY!

The umbrella stand is for our church and needs cleaning up. The small white table needed a little sanding and repainting. The purple nightstand will be painted and sold. The cabinet and the desk  will  be cleaned and painted (not painting the Sellers's hoosier top) to go into our booth for displays.  But the legs. What should I do with the legs? They stand up by themselves. 

I trashpicked them Sunday afternoon, along with the bench they are standing on, and also several other small items. Just why did I get them? I have no clue. I just couldn't leave them behind! 

How about you? Do you ever trashpick?

7 comments:

Pam said...

I love the legs!!! Very quirky. Maybe use them in your booth to display aprons? They're weird enough that they would draw people into your booth just to see what the heck they are doing there.

Mecky said...

You should put the legs in your booth.
My garage is packed solid with projects. When you are done with yours, you can come and get a few of mine. I sure don't seem to get to them!

I don't trashpick. I have only stopped one time to pick up a beautiful 100 year old oak pattern-backed rocker from a curb. How could I pass that up? I do, however, sit stuff out for people to pick over.

My Vintage Mending said...

Stick an apron on her! She will sell them no problem. I was outside cleaning windows today. It was gorgeous. Smiles...Renee

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I agree that the legs would look great with an apron, but how about modge podging some great printed fabric or paper to them?
Blessings,
Susie

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Oh, I had to laugh out loud when I saw the legs. Don't think I would have picked them up :/ And I don't have any idea as to what you would or should do with them.
I would love to do some trash picking but I live in a rural area and we don't see people dropping things off at their roadside (we don't have curbs!). Sure wish we did though :)

Anonymous said...

Put a cute skirt on the legs with a sweet sign that says...tip toe through the tulips and then put flowers all around the feet...some clothing design student would probably love them for decor in his or her tres chic apt.

Candy said...

Lovin your legs........or should I say the mannequin's legs. If you still have them on Halloween, I've seen some like this put in a flowerbed/yard with the feet up.....like she's been buried alive up to the waist. 8-)