Monday, April 16, 2012

"Dog Days"

Here in the big ol' metropolitan area of Ardmore, we have a flea market every weekend called "Dog Days".
Of course, it started out as a trade day for animals and such and you can still pick up a goat, chicken, or even a dog if that is your fancy! I made a quick trip there yesterday and picked up the few items below.

Oh wait...I forgot that I threw in my Kitchen Klenzer. I bought that a week ago at an Antique Store. And the smiling spoon and knife were a gift from Angelia "My Bestie"! But I did get the large red tray and matching hanging whatchamacallit at Dog Days. 


Who doesn't need some cleanser that  "Hurts only Dirt"!

I framed this little grain sack. It has some stains but I love the yellow house and the chicks!

Oh no!...The baby chicks have locked mother hen in a crate and are running around causing all sorts of  "Chaos"!

Oh well, back to reality. Dishes to clean, laundry to wash, and groceries to buy.

A Marvelous Monday to One and All!

7 comments:

Mecky said...

Those trays are neat!
I really like the cleanser can. Great picture on it!
have a great week

Perfectly Printed said...

Great finds!!

chris

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

That picture sounds like real life when you have kids in the house.

My Vintage Mending said...

That feed sack is gorgeous. I have a metal tray similar to that but your red is much better...I say we visit the dog days over and over...smiles...Renee

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

I've heard about 'Dog Days' but never visited! You found great treasures! Love the red tray!
Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog! Hope to see you again soon! New friend here!

Terri said...

Love the feed sack...but I think the chicks slipped out through the crate slats and are trying to figure out how to free mum...Hope they can get back in the crate if the chicken hawk flies over!

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

When I first saw you say Ardmore, I about freaked out! There is a city of Ardmore about 3 hours south of me here in Oklahoma :) But, no, wrong state.
Looks like the Dog Days flea market is a fun place to go. I'm sure it's quite the treasure hunt. I wanna go!!
Now your feed sack is just too cute and I love the idea of framing it for display.