Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Monday!



Hello Friends! Sorry to be gone so long but I am still very busy trying to get Happy Acres ready for Spring! Am so ready to have flowers again! 

A while back Amy @ With a Vintage Twist awarded me with a Blogger Award! Thanks Amy! Sorry that it took so long to acknowledge!

So I thought I would play along with The Versatile Award and list 7 things about myself. I always like to read the posts others do about themselves! Here goes...
  1. I love to fish! Even more than I love to antique! And I do not get to do it enough!
  2. I only have 1 brother that I rarely see and am married to an only child  which means that I have very little family for get togethers and such and that makes me sad.
  3. I have had a weight problem since 5th grade. (Especially after Thyroid removal due to cancer!)
  4. I love to do laundry. Weird huh? 
  5. I hate to shop for anything other than junk or antiques, therefore I have very few clothes or shoes or even groceries!
  6. Dusk is my favorite time of day!
  7. Okay and the weirdest thing about me that you may keep you from ever visiting my blog again is that I love to read Bigfoot Stories! I have been fascinated with Bigfoot since I was a little girl and saw the movie about him at the local theater! Now remember, I did not say that I believed the stories.                   

So now you know just a little more about me and I hope that it doesn't send you away screaming and never looking back! ;)


5 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Well darn looks like I am still coming back...Ha! I have a similar older brother story and very few if any family get togethers. That is why we had three lovely kiddos so close together...so that they might share something we missed. Never had a weight problem until kids and now I fight it every day ....ugh...We love you and your stories...fishing is a favorite thing to do but I would rather junk...Smiles..Renee

Perfectly Printed said...

I'm not even scared!!! Love your blog.

chris

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Ha ha! You are funny! Well you know that Big Foot actually lives pretty close to me? I see him all the time!
Blessings,
Susie

EllenaElizabeth said...

He he, thanks for that enlightening list of your attributes...it was very entertaining. Funny when I read it to try and make a list like for myself. Could be scary! LOL
Your blog is fast becoming one of my favourites. I really prefer pre-loved stuff too. However even though I can admire it, I don't think I could wear pre-loved jewellery. Something a little creepy about it. I do have a ring a great great aunty left me but I knew her well and that's different to randomly wearing something that someone unknown used to wear. Keep up the good work and the great blog.

Sandy said...

LOL.....you crack me up! It is starting to get hot here, low 90's....this is the time when most of the country is happy to see summer coming, it is my "winter" time....HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!! My garden looks wonderful right now, and hopefully it will for another month or so and then everything either goes into a "wild" state ( like my roses) just to survive or it burns up.....jeez....whiny today, aren't I????? Can't wait to see your gardens!!!! Hugs, Sandy