Thursday, May 17, 2012

Magazine Anyone?

 Yesterday the roofing company came and fixed a leak(hopefully!) and repaired my living room ceiling. When putting the room back together I decided to throw in my chippy door that I picked up at an estate sale. I am trying to decide what to put on the top but I thought it would be nice to make it into a magazine rack. I like to sit on this end of the couch to enjoy magazine inspirations! I have been saving this book holder and decided to put it to use. 




Now, if I can just get to the point of getting to sit there and relax! (Maybe after I replace those ugly pillows with some made from vintage material!) There I go dreamin' again! ;)

Happy Day to you Friends!



10 comments:

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Great idea! And your vintage floor lamp is beautiful. I want it. :)

Ann said...

Now thats a great idea. Theres ALWAYS another project around the corner. Show us your pillows when you finished.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Super cute!

~~Carol~~ said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I've got a beautiful old chippy door sitting in the shed, just waiting to be turned into something fabulous. You've inspired me!

Lynn said...

Love the door turned into your
magazine holder.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Give Zeke some lovin for me!
Hugs,
Lynn

Melanie said...

The chippy door looks great. I could picture some cheery, red, vintage- patterned pillows on your couch. :-)

EllenaElizabeth said...

Love your 'internal' door....LOL Great work.

Lois' Laughlines said...

I am new to your blog. I have a mad love for old doors. I have an old screen door. I love how you turned yours into a magazine rack. Adorable.
blessings to you

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

I don't why, but this is my first visit to your blog and I love it! I wanted to say Thanks for stopping by my place today. I excited to get to know you! I love all your different planters too. Have a lovely day and Congrats on your daughters graduation!

Candy said...

Sandy, I love old doors toO...and that's such a neat idea. Hey, isn't the magazine holder an old church pew hymnal holder? GREAT IDEA.